I found it very very great filled with information that I will use for my own personal garden!!!!!! And I also cooked the recipes that it had and I added my own twist to each one also!! And it’s great to add your own twist to all recipes!!!
Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook by The Old Farmer’s Almanac
All You Need to Know to Grow!
Grow your best vegetable garden ever with tried-and-true advice from The Old Farmer’s Almanac!
Whether you’ve never touched a trowel in your life or have been harvesting at home for decades, you’ll quickly benefit from the scores of timesaving tips and proven veggie-growing techniques that pack this easy-to-use guide.
Inside, you’ll find . . .
• Step-by-step advice on growing more than 30 vegetables
• The dirt on soil: why testing is the secret to success—and how to do it
• Tips for growing in-ground, in raised beds, and in containers
• Seed-starting and seed-saving—simplified!
• Detailed instructions on watering
• How to prevent pests and diseases (and fight them if necessary!)
• Humorous and enlightening anecdotes from fellow gardeners
• Plenty of space for recording your own ongoing observations
• More than 150 full-color photos
• Much, much more!
Created for novices, aspiring growers, green thumbs, and old hands, The Old Farmer’s Almanac Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook is loaded with advice and inspiration to guarantee success for every vegetable garden—and gardener!
• 6 ¾” x 8 ¾” Softcover
• Full Color
• 208 Pages
• Released October 2019
This is a nicely done book with a great deal of useful information. Well worth the money.
Raised on a farm been gardening 50 years, what an amazing book, teaching this old dog new tricks. Thank you
haven't got them yet!
After receiving the first copy, I have purchased this book for all of my Garden Club members. It is very easy and clear about how to raise most common vegetables with illustrations across from the text.
A great reference. I will be cracking it open more than once during the growing season. A lot of info without being overwhelming. It gets to the point. Nicely done.
Handy and informative garden guide. Great asset to seasoned and beginners alike.
Informative comprehensive guide for growing vegetables. Has a good reference section for insects and diseases- but really needs to have pictures of the insects / diseases in the book!! Nice book otherwise.