Frequently Asked Questions
1-800-ALMANAC Option #2 (800-256-2622)
Monday thru Friday 9 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Order Checkout FAQ’s
How do Promo/Coupon codes work?
- Promo/Coupon codes can be entered into our shopping cart or during checkout.
- Only 1 Promo/Coupon code can be used per order.
- Club Offers/Subscriptions are exempt from Promo/Coupon code discounts.
- Gift Certificates are also exempt from Promo/Coupon code discounts.
- Within 7 days of purchase, you may retroactively apply an applicable Promo/Coupon code or sale discount by contacting us.
I placed an order and would like to make a change/cancel it. How can I do that?
- Unfortunately, it is NOT possible to change the shipping address or cancel after an order is placed as processing and packing happens quickly.
I had an item in my cart yesterday and didn’t check out. Now I see it has been removed and it’s not available. Why is it missing now?
- All items are sold while supplies last. If the item is missing from your cart, it is most likely out of stock.
Can I return an Old Farmer’s Almanac product that was purchased on Amazon or other retail stores?
- We can only accept returns for items that were purchased on our website. You would need to contact the place you purchased the item from for return information.
Do you ship to Canada or outside the United States?
- We only ship to the United States.
What happens if I order a pre-order item with other merchandise?
- Pre-ordered products must be purchased alone. If you want other in-stock products, you will need to place a second order. In stock items will be removed and refunded from orders that contain pre-ordered items.
My item arrived damaged—whom do I contact?
- Please contact our customer service department, which operates Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-ALMANAC Option #2 (800-256-2622)
Do you pay for return shipments/what is the return policy?
- If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, you may return it within 45 days of delivery for a full refund, which includes your original shipping charges. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. However, in the unlikely event your item arrived damaged or defective, we’ll take care of it and work with you to find the best return solution.
- Customers are solely responsible for quantities ordered and wrong or incomplete shipping addresses or email addresses.
For more information on Shipping, Returns and Policies, please click here.
Digital Product FAQ’s
How do I view my digital content I purchased?
- All digital products are available within minutes of purchase, usually instantly.
- Some of our digital products are PDF files that you download to your computer. Others digital products are links to special websites that will be emailed to you right after purchase. Please read the product's description to see what you will be receiving.
Club Offer FAQ’s
How much will the next Club (renewal) cost?
- Usually the same as your original purchase. You will be notified via email at least 30 days in advance of the transaction exactly what the renewal charge will be for the club you subscribe to. Your credit card that is on file will be charged in late June/early July and your materials will ship around the middle of August (barring any printing delays).
- Please make sure to log into your account before the renewal charge in late June/early July to make any changes to your card info or your Billing/Shipping address. After logging into your account, click on “View Subscriptions.” From here, you will see a list of the Clubs you are subscribed to. To the right of each Club, click “View.” This will show your Shipping Address, Payment Method and Cancel Subscription for that club with an edit button to make any changes.
How do I cancel my subscription?
- Our subscriptions are no obligation, stop at any time.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time by logging into your account from a personal computer (phone and tablets will NOT work) and clicking on “View Subscriptions.” From here, you will see a list of the Clubs you are subscribed to. To the right of the club you would like to cancel, click “View.” This will show your Shipping Address, Payment Method, and Cancel Subscription. Click on “Edit” next to Cancel Subscription and follow the prompts to cancel.
- You may also cancel by sending an email to email@example.com.
Does the Club renew every August no matter when I bought it?
- Yes. The renewal coincides with the release of the newest Old Farmer's Almanac edition, which happens in August for the upcoming year. Consequently, for those who subscribed in May to a Club there will be a super quick renewal period, but only in that first year and you will be getting new material. After the first renewal, the rest will only be once a year. Even though the first renewal for printed items may happen early, you will still get a full year of EXTRA!, our monthly digital magazine, even if you cancel your subscription.
Why do you offer an older Garden Guide with your Garden Club?
- The Garden Guide is not released until later in the calendar year and we ship the clubs 6 months before the guides are available in comparison to the other products. This is why the 2023 Club may come with the 2022 Garden Guide.
Does the Garden Planner come with the Garden Club?
- No. The Garden Planner is a separate product. Follow this link for more info and a 7-Day Free Trial https://gardenplanner.almanac.com/
I didn’t receive my EXTRA Subscription in my shipment?
- EXTRA is a digital subscription that can only be viewed online so you will not receive anything in the mail. You will be emailed a link to access your digital content once your order ships.
Do I get a discount if I’m purchasing a Club with last year's materials since it is so late in the year?
- No. The Club price remains the same throughout the year.
Why am I being charged again if I purchased less than a year ago?
- All of our Clubs renew every August for shipment by the end of August.
Do I need to create an account to join a Club?
- Yes, you will need to create an account to be a member of a Club. You may join multiple Clubs with the same account.
Why do I get emails to join your Club if you do not ship to my country?
- Unfortunately, your email address can rarely tell us where you are located. If you would like to be removed from our emails, click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
Can I give a Club Membership as a gift?
- No. Because this is a subscription service, The Almanac Clubs are not meant or designed to be given as gifts at this time.