Vern Ader’s Weed Spinner
Drill-powered weed removal tool for lawns and landscapes available in 2 sizes:
- 2-tine Weed Spinner leaves a hole 2" wide (most popular)
- 4-tine Weed 'N Till leaves a hole 3.5" wide
Finally, it’s fun and easy to weed!
The Weed Spinner is an innovative drill-driven weed removal tool that spins out weeds and their roots in one whirling motion. It's essentially a long sturdy drill bit for your drill (drill not included). The action is fast and the result is very satisfying! What’s more, there’s no kneeling, bending, or getting your hands dirty.
Dandelions don’t stand a chance!
- Removes weeds with one spinning motion
- Aerates and tills small areas
- Make a hole for bulb planting
- Holes left in lawns quickly fill in on their own
- Works on any surface where weeds grow (gravel, loam, clay, hard pack, soil)
- Saves time + your knees
- No more bending down (unless you are over 6’2”)
- Eco-friendly, chemical-free
- Almanac tested!
ABOUT THE DESIGN:
- Works with any cordless or electric drill (drill not included)
- Color: Black
- Steel shaft measures 33" long
- The part that goes in your drill features 3 flat surfaces to stay firmly in the drill’s chuck
- The business end is pointed to pierce hard or clay soils.
- Invented and patented by Vern Ader, a retired teacher and gardener
Our tips on how to use:
- Just put the tip on the ground next to the weed’s main stalk or center, then pull the drill’s trigger for a few seconds and push down slightly. It seems to work best if the Weed Spinner comes in at a slight angle versus straight down
- The Weed Spinner will pull the roots out along with the weed most of the time, but not every time
- Some weeds will be blown apart by the Weed Spinner. Other weeds will get wrapped around the Weed Spinner. If they don’t fall off on their own when the drill is raised up, the weeds will have to be removed.
- With the drill off, they can be can pulled off by hand.
- Running the drill on high for a few seconds can also get the weeds to fly off on their own.
- If your drill has a older keyed chuck, you can run the drill in reverse as well to dislodge the weeds
My drill has a cord, but the product still works. A couple of times I had to tighten the drill's chuck, but probably not the weed spinners fault. I agree the weed spinner is not perfect, but mostly works really well. I like it.
I was so eager to try it out and it did not disappoint. Some weeds it works great on. Some weeds just okay. And some weeds not so much (if the weed disintegrates how do you know if you got all the roots?). The trick is not to let weeds take over. If your weeds are like a carpet you are far better off with a hoe or by hand. This weed spinner is about targeted assassination and maintenance and not weed genocide of a big area. Also some plants will get wrapped around the spinner and have to be removed by hand, which can slow you down. Having said all that and been honest about the negatives - It is fun to use and does save your back and constantly getting up and down. Recommend!
al it does is grind the weed up. you don't know if you got it all or not. not impressed.
This works well. It does leave a hole there but easy to fill in.
I love my new weed eater. I purchased the 4 prog one and use it every day as soil areatore )sp?) , weeds, and also find using it as a hole digger for flowers it is perfect. I give this weed eater at 100%