I cannot review this product as I have not received it yet. Maybe spend more time on the shipping part than the review part. Took you 5 days to even ship the order, only took 2 to get this review request. Glad to know its finally on its way.
Vern Ader’s Weed Spinner
Finally, it’s fun and easy to weed!
The Weed Spinner is an innovative drill-driven weed removal tool that spins out weeds and their roots in one whirling motion. It's estentially a long sturdy drill bit for your drill (drill not included). The action is fast and the result is very satisfying! What’s more, there’s no kneeling, bending, or getting your hands dirty.
Dandelions don’t stand a chance!
- Removes weeds with one spinning motion
- Works on any surface where weeds grow (gravel, loam, clay, hard pack, soil)
- Saves time + your knees
- No more bending down (unless you are over 6’2”)
- Eco-friendly, chemical-free
- Aerates and tills
- Almanac tested!
ABOUT THE DESIGN:
- There are 2 models to choose from:
- 2-TINE - Most popular. Best for removing dandelions and their unwanted friends from lawns. Leaves a smaller 2" hole
- 4-TINE - Use for large weeds, tree seedling, or to turn over the soil in a small area. Leaves a larger 3.5" hole
- We recommend getting both (the sales department made us put this in)
- Works with any cordless or electric drill (drill not included)
- Measures 33” long
- Color: Black
- The part that goes in your drill features 3 flat surfaces to stay firmly in the drill’s chuck
- The business end is pointed to pierce hard or clay soils. It is also flattened so that the tines can be securely welded to the main shaft
- Invented and patented by Vern Ader, a retired teacher and gardener
HOW TO USE:
- Just put the tip on the ground next to the weed’s main stalk or center, then pull the drill’s trigger for a few seconds and push down slightly. It seems to work best if the Weed Spinner comes in at a slight angle versus straight down
- For safety and a better result do not turn the drill on until the Weed Spinner is properly placed
- Not always, but mostly, the Weed Spinner will pull the roots out along with the weed
- IMPORTANT: If the Weed Spinner hits a large rock or large root it is possible for the drill to jerk suddenly and hard. If this is a concern, do not purchase or use a drill that has a second side handle for stability.
DO WEEDS STICK TO THE SPINNER?
- The weeds will be blown apart or frustratingly get wrapped around the Weed Spinner. If they don’t fall off on their own when the drill is raised up, the weeds will have to be removed.
- With the drill off, they can be can pulled off by hand.
- Running the drill on high for a few seconds can also get the weeds to fly off on their own.
- If your drill has a older keyed chuck, you can run the drill in reverse as well to dislodge the weeds
al it does is grind the weed up. you don't know if you got it all or not. not impressed.
This works well. It does leave a hole there but easy to fill in.
I love my new weed eater. I purchased the 4 prog one and use it every day as soil areatore )sp?) , weeds, and also find using it as a hole digger for flowers it is perfect. I give this weed eater at 100%