Vern Ader’s Weed Spinner
Finally, it’s fun and easy to weed!
The Weed Spinner is an innovative drill-driven weed removal tool that spins out weeds and their roots in one whirling motion. The action is fast and the result is very satisfying! What’s more, there’s no kneeling, bending, or getting your hands dirty.
Dandelions don’t stand a chance!
- Removes weeds with one spinning motion
- Works on any surface where weeds grow (gravel, loam, clay, hard pack,... )
- Saves time + your knees
- No more bending down (unless you are over 6’2” or have short arms)
- Eco-friendly, chemical-free
- Aerates and tills
- Almanac tested!
ABOUT THE DESIGN:
- There are 2 models to choose from:
- 2-TINE - Most popular. Best for removing dandelions and their unwanted friends from lawns. Leaves a smaller 2" hole
- 4-TINE - Use for large weeds, tree seedling, or to turn over the soil in a small area. Leaves a larger 3.5" hole
- Works with any cordless or electric drill (drill not included)
- Measures 33” long
- Color: Black
- The part that goes in your drill features 3 flat surfaces to stay firmly in the drill’s chuck
- The business end is pointed to pierce hard or clay soils. It is also flattened so that the tines can be securely welded to the main shaft
- Invented and patented by Vern Ader, a retired teacher and gardener
HOW TO USE:
- Just put the tip on the ground next to the weed’s main stalk or center, then pull the drill’s trigger for a few seconds and push down slightly. It seems to work best if the Weed Spinner comes in at a slight angle versus straight down
- For safety and a better result do not turn the drill on until the Weed Spinner is properly placed
- Not always, but mostly, the Weed Spinner will pull the roots out along with the weed
- The weeds will be instantly decimated or get wrapped around the Weed Spinner. If they don’t fall off on their own when the drill is raised, the weeds will have to be removed. With the drill off, they can be can pulled off by hand. Running the drill on high for a few seconds can also get the weeds to let go. If your drill has a keyed chuck, you can run the drill in reverse as well to dislodge the weeds
- IMPORTANT: If the Weed Spinner hits a large rock or large root it is possible for the drill to jerk suddenly and hard. If this is a concern, do not purchase or use a drill that has a second side handle for stability.