Keep youngsters entertained for hours with fun facts, fascinating stories, and easy (and educational!) projects and activities!
• Ever wonder why we have leap years (page 22)? About the origin of the Easter bunny (page 17)? Or how birthday parties started (page 9)? Bake a cake (pages 12–13) and read all about it!
• Meet some amazing kids: inventors (page 74), discoverers (page 80), and helpers (page 86) who have done unbelievable things for their family, friends, community, and the world!
• Get growing! Plant a bean stalk hideaway (page 57), start an avocado tree (page 55), or raise a salad in a sack of soil (page 65).
• Learn about how your brain works (page 138), about kids who fought in the Civil War (page 158), and fun facts about food grown by farmers (page 66).
• Take a bug tour of your neighborhood (page 92), race wood-block cars (page 164), and know your knots (page 180).
• Plus too much more to mention (which is why we made the book!)
All of the activities and topics in this best-selling and award-winning series are specially selected and developed for kids—and people who are kids at heart!
Printed in the USA